Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Happy Sixth Anniversary!

Six years ago today, only a few days after I had put up my Tenth Dimension website, my project went viral and I discovered the meaning of the "digg effect". Last year, in a July 3 entry called Five Years Ago Today, I wrote in more detail about that amazing day. Where are we after six years? Coincidentally, here's a new video I put up on YouTube a couple of days ago, which celebrates an online article published by Scientific American that says some very complimentary things about my project: 

 
A direct link to the above video is at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfOiGMPtGF0

There continues to be lots of exciting things happening in the worlds of cosmology, quantum theory and string theory, and I will continue to report on the ones that potentially tie into my project in these pages, searching for the connections that show how Everything Fits Together. Coming up in a couple of weeks, I'm going to be publishing a new video that updates the animation that vaulted this project to popularity and continues to attract new fans every day: Imagining the Tenth Dimension 2012 is coming soon.

And of course tomorrow is scheduled to be an official announcement from CERN, amid rampant speculation that the LHC has uncovered evidence pointing toward the existence of the Higgs particle.  Personally I suspect that the evidence announced tomorrow will still be only a hint, a shadow open to interpretation, so we can expect lots and lots of debate about this subject in the months to come. What will come to pass?  Wait and see!

Next time, we'll go from the cosmic to the personal, with an entry called Under My Skin. Till then, enjoy the journey,

Rob

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

do you believe that the higgs is a 5th dimensional particle?

Tenth Dimension Vlog playlist